Annotated BibliographyFebruary 03, 2014 - Posted to Essay Services
How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography
An Annotated Bibliography is a citation list at an article’s or books final page. It contains a descriptive summary of 150 words, following the citation. It offers the reader more information than a work-cited page. It gives your readers a snapshot of the appropriateness of your sources. It also attributes your work to its rightful owners. With GreenEssay.com, we can guide you on the process you need to write your bibliography. The purpose of writing annotated bibliographies include:-
- Literature review of a particular subject.
- To showcase the depth of reading you have done.
- To illustrate the scope of sources that are available such as journals, books, websites, magazine articles and others.
- To highlight sources that may interest other readers and researchers.
- To explore and organize sources for further research.
Our professional writers are well trained in writing them. For consistency purposes we will outline the steps to Annotated Bibliography writing for the MLA writing style. GreenEssay.com professional writers have written many papers over the years. They are well trained in various academic fields. When writing the bibliography, the following Annotated Bibliography tips are observed:-
- Create a separate page for the bibliography at the end of your academic paper. You should center the title, and enter the bibliography information for each source. Also indent every line except the first line.
- The author’s name should be provided in the last-name-first format. i.e. “Hackman, Peter" You should follow it up with the book, journal, online websites or magazine title. The sources should be listed according to MLA bibliography style guidelines.
- Every bibliography entry should have a summary not limited to main arguments, cited reference point, and reference topics. Add an assessment of the cited work to each summary. The assessments include evaluation statements of the sources credibility, objectivity, and comparison with other sources used. The assessment helps you to determine, how your source fits into your research. It also helps the reader to know how a source helps to shape your conclusions.
- The annotations can be entered in paragraph form. The length usually varies from two sentences, up to two pages depending on the scope of your paper. Provide summary information that includes main arguments and the topics covered.
Annotated bibliographies come in many variations. It is vital that you pay close attention to the instructions in your assignments. The variations include:-
- Some assignments require summary and not evaluation.
- Some assignments may require that you notice patterns of similarity or dissimilarity between the sources used. Other assignments may require that you make the sources independent.
- Consider using sections if the bibliography is long. The categories you organize your work should help to clarify your research question. Other assignments may require that you preface the bibliography with sections or a paragraph that explains the scope of your investigation.
We hope that the Annotated Bibliography help tips that we have outlined for you, will help you with your writing. In case of any queries, don’t hesitate to contact GreenEssay.com support team for further assistance.